Fall is here and there’s no better time to explore the numerous health benefits of pumpkin and add it to your weekly meal prep. Read more to unlock the health benefits of pumpkin – the perfect Fall food – and for an exclusive Pumpkin Pie Yogurt recipe from our registered dietitians over at EatLove.
1. Immune-Boosting Powerhouse: One of the standout benefits of pumpkin is its immune-boosting potential. Loaded with vitamin A, C, and other antioxidants, pumpkin fortifies your body’s defenses against seasonal illnesses, helping you stay healthy during the colder months.
2. Weight Management Support: For those looking to maintain a balanced diet and manage their weight, pumpkin is a game-changer. It’s low in calories and high in fiber, which promotes satiety and helps control your appetite, making it an excellent choice for portion control.
3. Vision and Skin Health: Pumpkin’s high vitamin A content is not only beneficial for your immune system but also essential for maintaining good vision and healthy skin. Just one cup of cooked pumpkin provides over 200% of your daily recommended vitamin A intake.
4. Heart-Friendly Nutrients: Pumpkin seeds, often overshadowed by the flesh, are a treasure trove of heart-healthy nutrients. Rich in magnesium, potassium, and healthy fats, they support optimal blood pressure regulation and reduce the risk of heart diseases.
5. Digestive Wellness: The fall season often brings hearty meals, and pumpkin’s fiber content aids in digestion by promoting regular bowel movements and preventing discomfort. A healthy gut is essential for overall well-being.
6. Versatile and Delicious: Pumpkin’s versatility shines in the kitchen. From savory pumpkin soups and roasted dishes to sweet pumpkin pies and lattes, there’s a pumpkin recipe for every palate, ensuring you never get bored while reaping its benefits.
7. Locally Grown, Environmentally Friendly: Embracing seasonal foods like pumpkin is not only beneficial for your health but also environmentally conscious. Choosing locally grown pumpkins reduces carbon emissions associated with long-distance transportation.
Whether you’re indulging in a comforting bowl of pumpkin soup or savoring a slice of pumpkin pie, you’ll be nourishing your body with the goodness of this fall favorite. Don’t miss out on the health benefits of pumpkin; make it a staple in your Fall meal planning.
Pumpkin Pie Yogurt
1/2 c Yogurt
1/3 c Pumpkin Puree
1 tsp maple syrup
1 pinch cinnamon
1 graham cracker crushed
- Mix together yogurt, pumpkin puree, maple syrup and cinnamon.
- Layer yogurt mixture and graham cracker crumbs in a jar.
Get more recipes and a custom nutrition plan from EatLove with a Premium+ Membership! Join Now: www.join.youfit.com/gyms/